Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Daily Download EXTRA Freebies!

* * Additional note:  the font used on the word art below for the word "SNOW" is called Kingsthings Christmas and is available for free at http://www.fontspace.com/kingthings/kingthings-christmas - take a look around their site, there are tons of great fonts for both personal and commercial use! * *

Hello!!!  I've missed posting for the past few days while I was finishing up some knitting projects .. well, more accurately working on some unfinished knitting projects.  It feels good to get a bit more caught up, but I missed the daily downloads - I guess I lead an awfully simple life!

I made a New Year's resolution a little bit early this year - I need to do some scrapbooking of my own pictures!  It's so easy to get caught up in making kits, etc. that my own pics are all still "naked" with no scrapping to adorn them.  SO, to alleviate this problem and guilty feeling, I decided that I will make at least TWO layouts of my own from each kit I make, including the ones I already have done.   They will be posted on the blog, just to make sure I keep up with this goal - you can nag me if I don't keep up!  :)

In starting this resolution, I made a page of the sweetest little girl I know - Grace.  Hopefully she'll be my "real" granddaughter someday (hint hint to my son!).  She and her mom Ashley are so easy to love!  They brighten so many of my days without even knowing it - they're WONDERFUL!  Ashley was kind enough to send me a couple of pics of Grace playing in the first snow we had this year back in November, and I just had to do something fun with them.  I also made a little word art to share - you'll find it at the bottom of this post.

Before we get to that, however, I'd love to thank JUDY S for her beautiful poinsettia cluster!  She sent this last week, and I'm woefully late posting it, and I apologize for that.  Judy has a ton of talent, and we appreciate her sharing her hard work with us - THANK YOU JUDY!  Here's the lovely cluster she made ... you can click on the image for a direct download link.


Here's a peek at my first page for my New Year's Resolution pages ...  Grace!


The little First Snow freebie word art ... click on image for direct download link

Thanks for stopping by - be sure to check for the new section of the Simply Christmas series - post to follow!  Have a GREAT DAY!

14 comments:

Heather Oliver said...

Thank you for sharing these great freebies. It is such a beautiful kit with so many possibilities. I love seeing what others are doing with it. Have a Merry Christmas :)

Noor said...

Thank you for the first snow wordart Lisa, hopefully I will get first snow pics of some of my grandkids to use this with. :) Your granddaughter in love is adorable and I love the page you made with her.

Nani said...

Thank you and thanks to Judy for the great freebies this morning!

Your layout is super-sweet! I need to recommit to my catch-0up projects! I have one major project that has taken a big share of my scrapping time this year and I’m behind my goal for having 2011 done by January 31! 3.(I’m not as far along as I want to be on the project too!)

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 2 post on Dec. 07, 2011. Thanks again.

JeannieK said...

Wonderful LO Lisa! Thank you for the WA - just love those little birds that look like stars! So clever!

Jennifer said...

Thank you so much Lisa. Grace is such a cutie.

Maureen said...

Hi Lisa...missed you...but its great when you get a chance to have a "catch-up" isn't it...must have one myself if the truth be known...LOL
Thank you so much for the freebies and I must say your layout of Grace is gorgeous...lovely pics...!!

Maureen said...

Hi again...forgot to thank you for the link for the font too....THANKS...!!

Stacey said...

thank you so much for today's beautiful freebies!

Monkey Toes Too said...

Thank you!

Linda said...

Hello and Thank you so much for the downloads. I know from personal experience that it's very easy to get behind with projects when so much is happening...

Anonymous said...

luv this wa - thanx a bunch!! and thanks too for the font site info. i'm having fun exploring...and downloading ; )

TxOzRoze aka TOR said...

thank you so much just love seeing what all can be created by you :)

Anonymous said...

Very fun, makes me think of all the glitter mess we would make as kids trying to make a picture w/glue & shaking the glitter!