Sunday, October 23, 2011

Sunday FREEBIE!

It's SUNDAY already!  What a great reason for a freebie.  I have a few from the Halloween Fun kit which is now on sale for half price (only $1!!!) at the DigiSisters store.  I think my favorite part of this kit, well one of them anyway, is the on the preview picture; up in the right-hand corner the fake vampire teeth look like they're ready to bite the hairy spider.  Kind of a fun mix of elements!

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers for Melany - I know she appreciates them as much as I do.  Things are looking better for her so far today, so we'll take that as a GOOD turn of events!  She was happy to have her sweetie be able to spend the day with her - he's been out farming and couldn't leave until today, so I stayed away to leave them some much needed time together.  I had to clean up the yard, and finish cleaning out the garden today ... I got to do something I've never done before; pick all of the popcorn!  It looks so funny - little cobs with the hard little kernels.  It needs to hang in mesh bags and dry for a while, but a few of the cobs were really dry, so I tried popping them in the microwave.  Was that ever funny!  I remember reading somewhere that you can leave it on the cob, so I did. We were supposed to put it in a paper bag before popping it, but I wanted to watch it, so we just put it in and set the timer ... and it popped all over.  Some of it stayed on the cob and looked so neat.  Such a silly thing, but it just was fun.  I haven't laughed like that for a while!  I haven't ever seen popcorn grow, so it was a new experience for this former "city" girl.  I DO like the simple things in life.  :)

Sorry to ramble ... have a great week, and I hope you're able to find something that makes you smile today!

Click on preview for download link

8 comments:

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 1 post on Oct. 24, 2011. Thanks again.

Monkey Toes Too said...

Too funny! Thanks.

Natasha (alohacowgirl) said...

I didn't know popcorn was it's own special variety. I just assumed it was regular old corn. That must have been hilarious! Thanks for the freebie.

Craft said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the DigiFree category today [25 Oct 02:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Stacey said...

thanks for the wonderful freebies! I hope your daughters health continues to improve and that she can go home soon! She's in my prayers!

Craft said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the DigiFree category today [26 Oct 02:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

NathL said...

funny !

thank you and find those on a post on my blog where I gather my favorite Halloween 2011 freebies :)

look around, you'll find other freebies for you :)

Nathalie from France

Angelika said...

Thank you so much for this wonderful freebie!
from Angelika from Free Digital Scrapbooking